Think “beauty sleep” is a myth? Think again. Here’s a few tips to get the most “beauty” out of your 6-8 hours.
- Start Clean. Make it a habit to cleanse your face before bed – and don't skip a single night. Sleeping in your makeup pushes dirt, oil and grime right into your pores – leading to congestion, breakouts and dullness.
- Focus on your Eyes. Use a targeted eye creme to improve the appearance of wrinkle length and depth around the eyes and increase the feel of firmness. Hyaluronic acid will help bind moisture to the skin, smoothing surface lines.
- Use a Product with Retinol. Derived from Vitamin A, retinol is light-sensitive and therefore most effective at night – because it’s light-sensitive. It’s an essential ingredient to help the skin look more youthful. .
- Lie Back. Did you know wrinkles across the forehead and down the side of the nose and chin can be caused by sleeping regularly on your side or stomach? They’re the result of constant pressure from sleeping on a pillow. Try sleeping on your back to avoid them.
- Create the right environment. Make your room a comfortable, quiet, peaceful space. If it's noisy, consider adding a white noise machine; if it’s dry, add a humidifier – it will help prevent your skin from drying out.