Autumn is a time of transition and the best autumn skin care routines will help to correct any summer skin damage and prepare your skin for the drier, cooler winter months ahead. Here are ides, tips and some of my favourite products to ensure you maintain a healthy radiant glowing skin as we transition in to winter.
- Consider autumn the perfect time to introduce a high potency skin renewing serum into your home care routine. By boosting your skin’s natural cell renewal rate fine lines will be reduced, collagen production will be stimulated and your skin will be rejuvenated and revitalized - resulting in a smoother, more evenly toned,radiant-looking complexion. My pick for autumn…you can’t go past Babor’s A16 Concentrate – the ultimate rejuvenating treatment.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. Alpha and beta hydroxyl acids are my favorite ingredients to immediately and dramatically smooth, brighten and refine your skin. Bioelements’ Quick Refiner is my pick! Powerful beta and alpha hydroxyl acids slough off dead skin cells to reveal a revitalized complexion – You’ll see results in as little as one day! This is also the perfect time of year for a course of peels to improve hyper-pigmentation, summer sun spots, clogged pores, breakout and dry skin. My choice would be Bioelements’ new Ultra-Detox Charcoal Peel. With it’s unique acid-hybrid professional strength blend, this peel will “coax” your skin to slough away years of visible damage and signs of premature skin ageing to instantly reveal a brighter, clearer and more hydrated complexion. You will love the results!
- Give your skin a 7 day Babor Fluid beautifying treatment. Applied in quick succession, Babor’s 2ml single application ampoules are able to perform mini miracles on the skin in just 7 days. My pick for the autumn transition is the vitamin-rich Multi-active Vitamin Fluid. Packed with nourishing vitamins, these “instant beautifiers” strengthen all skin cell functions and boost your skin’s natural defense mechanisms to ensure your skin is glowing with a healthy radiance through in to winter.
- Start using an eye cream every day.The skin around your eyes is more fragile, drier and quicker to show signs of fatigue and ageing than any other area of your face. At Forme Spa we have selected a range of eye products to target and treat all your eye area concerns including; fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, slackening and dark circles.
- Sunblock is still a MUST! Whatever the weather, if it’s light outside harmful, ageing UV rays are present and your skin needs to be protected. Make applying sunblock every day before you leave the house a priority this month - your skin really will love you for it tomorrow! At Forme Spa we have a wide range of sun protection products for the whole body to suit all skin types and product preferences.